Dexerdry is the one-of-a-kind, patented solution for weatherproofing outside decks. This revolutionary system of gutter flanges fits into grooves in decking materials, and gives you more livable outdoor space.
Easy to install:
- Comes in a flexible coil which can be cut in sizes to match your deck requirements;
- You no longer need to use a spacer;
- simple instructions and videos can be found here on our web site.
Easy to maintain:
- Dexerdry is engineered from a proprietary blend of thermoplastic and is not rubber;
- Dexerdry can be easily rinsed off with water to clean;
- Designed for the rain, sun and elements.
- Dexerdry is the cost effective solution to create a dry space under any deck;
- Dexerdry increases your living space and now gives you access to those areas under your deck.
Even more benefits:
- Eliminate debris getting trapped between deck boards;
- Eliminates odors on ground level decks;
- Eliminates insect breeding grounds;
- Creates storage space;
- Dexerdry is made to handle the sun and elements;
- Made in the USA.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Dexerdry fit all slotted deck boards?
A. Not at this time but we are continuing to introduce new products based upon market demand.
Q. Can I use a router bit to create the slot?
A. Although Dexerdry has been designed and engineered to fit existing slots, we have been told that Dexerdry has successfully been installed in a number of these types of installations with other composite and PVC deck boards as well as some hard wood boards such as Epi. Dexerdry is unable to provide our warranty for these types of installations.
Q. How can I address any wicking issues?
A. Dexerdry recommends on all installations the use of a drip edge to protect the outside perimeter of the deck installation. The drip edge cut should be slightly deeper that the depth of the board slot. Another option would be to follow the installation instruction provided by the board manufacturer and seal the outside edge of the boards and the Dexerdry flange with the recommended sealant.
Q. How do I use Dexerdry on a deck that is larger than 20 feet or am I required to run the deck boards in a certain direction?
A. Please view our video on this by clicking here.
Q. Does Dexerdry require pitching the deck?
A. Yes, we recommend that the deck be pitched 1/8 of an inch per foot.
Q. Can I use the hidden fastener clips with Dexerdry?
A. No, if the clips occupy the same slot which is used by Dexerdry.
Q. How much Dexerdry will I need?
A. By using this chart, determine how many deck board you have and be sure to have one length of Dexerdry for each board.
Q. What do you suggest for caulk?
A. Lexal is a very common one found almost everywhere. The DAP is a new one I found this year, it’s a good one because it claims it won’t wash off soon after it’s applied. That means if you start working in the morning and it rains at 11:00 am you don’t have to worry about it.